Setting up goals is easy!
Before you start, log in to your ResponseiQ dashboard, head to Settings, and click on the 'Google Analytics Integration' tab. Now you will see all the events you can track with GA (make sure that all the events you want to track are active).
Now you can get started on creating a GA goal by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your Google Analytics account
- Click Admin on the navigation bar
- Click Goals on the view section
- Click New Goal
- Choose Custom and click Continue
- Name your goal something appropriate for the action you're tracking, set your goal type as Event, and click Continue again
- Now it's time to set your event conditions. Use the table below to decide which events you would like to set as goals, and enter the event Category and Action/Label from the table in the Action field. Your category should always be ResponseiQ so all your goals are grouped, and we've added some suggested event names too.
Here is the full list:
Label: Phone Icon Clicked
Label: Widget Auto Popup
Label: Widget Close Icon Clicked
Label: Schedule Button Clicked
Label: Call Now Button Clicked
Label: Instant Widget Connected Call
Label: Instant Widget Requested Call
Label: Scheduled Widget Connected Call
Label: Scheduled Widget Requested Call
Label: ILR Submission
Label: ILR Requested Call
Label: ILR Connected Call
Label: Total Requested Calls (All Sources)
Label: Total Connected Calls (All Sources)
Make sure that you use the exact event action as it appears on the table or the event will not work.
8. Click “Verify this Goal” to confirm your goal has been set up correctly and will work when activated (if you have not had any event occurrences while setting up the GA integration, your conversion rate will show as 0%, but this is nothing to worry about.)
9. Finally, click Save and you're all set!
Please note: If you have different Google Analytics views, you will need to set up goals individually on each view that you want to track them on.
If you need help, or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help getting your ResponseiQ tracking code setup with Google Tag Manager? Click on the button below to learn more.